Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High server load on regions and AVsitter engine
Hi

Yesterday, my region was the cause of a high CPU load on the server hosting the simulator (a constant 78%). White and I have been trying to find out what was the cause, without success. I was embarrassed.

Then I remarked objects I had rezzed. Those are sitting objects with the AVsitter2 engine for opensim. There was the loading floating text above them, indicating the status of the loading: a static 28% for one, 32% for the other. They seemed stuck, and indeed they were. I can't be sure, but there is a high probability those caused the region overload.

For information, the guilty objects were copies of originals, made with Shift+Mouse Drag. I got to delete a make other copies the first time, because they didn't initialize correctly.

So if you are used to copy object with Shift+Mouse Drag, and those are AVsitter enabled, have a look on them (not necessarily when they are created, but after a region restart for example).
~~ Naked soul --- Be free, be sociable, share!  Heart ~~
Thnks for info about AVsitter scripts. we will keep in mind
deejay, builder and designer
Did it show these scripts under 'top scripts' in the debug section of Region/ Estate or how did you find out?
I didn't see anything revelant, it was just a guess, hence my "I can't be sure, but there is a high probability those caused the region overload.".

I know more or less how avsitter works, and the stale on loading config is definitively not normal, and surely caused by the script entering an infinite loop (maybe because of some stange event triggerring).

Once again, I can't put the point on it, unless it reproduces. The revealing point was the floating text on object showing a stopped loading.
~~ Naked soul --- Be free, be sociable, share!  Heart ~~
OK, thank you. Maybe such a script causes the trouble on my Sims, there must be a reason for it.